Monday, May 23, 2011

Farmer's Market

Confession: I am a Farmer's Market junkie. Every year I anxiously await the last weekend in April for it to open. I tend to wander through several times in the vain attempt to pretend the experience won't have to end. It doesn't hurt that a close friend and I use this time to catch up every week as we wander through the stalls swilling coffee.

I almost always give in to the temptation of freshly baked baguettes (I recently rediscovered my toaster, and let me tell you a fresh baked, toasted baguette smothered in butter makes extra gym time totally worth it), and later in the summer I'll buy mostly tomatoes and herbs.

But my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE part of the market are the fresh bouquets of flowers that run about 5 bucks. There haven't been any yet this year, fingers crossed they will be at the market in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime I keep repeatedly looking at pics of the bouquets I've bought in the past...




No comments:

Post a Comment