Danni (of oh, hello friend) has a posed a great challenge of doing 12 things before 2012. With just about 12 weeks to go, I think it's a great idea to set some shorter term goals. My list is mostly things that have been nagging at me and that I always mean to do, but somehow they never actually get done. Maybe I'll try and take pictures of it all... but that would probably be #13 on the list...
Updated Feb 08, 2012
1. Finish my office (hang shelf and sconces, put doors on cabinet, hang art) (shelf and sconces up! The lights make a HUGE difference! Art is up! Decided against doors on the cabinet as they are $90 bucks a piece... oh well)
2. Find a shade for bedroom lamp and hang bedroom curtains (lampshade found for $1.50 in the IKEA "as is" section–score!! ...curtains still aren't up)
3. Hold a baby for the first time (luckily one of my bff's is expecting a turkey day baby!) (done!)
4. Cash in credit card points for something fun (gonna keep saving for 6,000 more points)
5. Go to NYC, see #4 (done!!)
6. Run 250 miles (approx 20 miles a week... I was doing this easily until life got crazy a couple weeks ago and I fell off the bandwagon) (finished with 2 days to spare!)
7. Cut all the pieces for the quilt along challenge my mom and I are going to do (decided to do this tutorial instead, done! Now I just need to start sewing since it's all over my living room floor)
8. Make a bag for my yoga mat (so it can sit in my closet in style)
9. Buy the URL I have my eye on (done!)
10. Finish archiving all my old computer files–don't want those old crusty files moved onto my new machine (I have everything on a hard drive, but haven't burned discs of pictures and really important stuff...soon).
11. Send Xmas cards now that I'm a big-girl-homeowner (Opted for New Years cards, but they were custom designed and sent by the end of the first week in Jan, hooray!)
12. Do some fun freelance design: participate in Halloween and Xmas poster shows. Design STDs for a friend's wedding. (Halloween, check! Xmas, check! New Years card, check! Save the Dates, check! Valentine poster, check! I'm on a roll!)