Wednesday, August 25, 2010

AIGA MN Design Camp Preview: Frank Chimero

I am once again on the committee that is coordinating AIGA MN's annual event of Design Camp. If you live in the midwest (or even if you don't) and are a designer, this is a not-to-be-missed event.

A couple hours north of the Twin Cities, over 300 people from the design community will come together in a beautiful lodge setting for a weekend of design tips, type snobbery and flowing libations.

Our lineup of speakers this year is top notch: Roshi Givechi (from IDEO), Frank Chimero, Doyald Young and Karim Charlebois-Zariffa.

I've been following Frank's blog for quite some time now and I am PUMPED to see him speak!

A few of my favorite bits from his writing:


Nighthawks (one of my all-time favorite paintings)

and a must see Conan clip that I'd forgotten about, until Frank re-posted it (wonderfully wonderful):






No comments:

Post a Comment