Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blogs I Stalk: small caps

Since I began working in a design and letterpress studio I've really started to appreciate all of the work that goes into printing. What has really caught my attention is the old school wood type floating around the shop (and I've been lucky enough to pull a couple proof prints for projects... try saying that three times fast). That fascination combined with my constant blog stalking let me to the small caps site. Written by an artist in Berlin (don't worry they provide translations for most of the writing on the blog), there are some fun blurbs and explorations, not to mention a peek into life across the globe.

Recently posted were exercises of wood type on vintage maps, available in their shop. My personal favorite shown below (Australia!!). Not to mention I love the German version of Ahoy!


(images from the small caps shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment