Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Drool-worthy Decor

As I continue to settle into my first purchased home I find myself obsessed with interior design nuggets on blogs and am reminded of the days in jr high when I watched massive amounts of Trading Spaces and dreamed of being an interior designer. Anywhoo, I thought I'd share some of my favorite inspirational shots from the past couple of months (I didn't realize how many of these were from sfgirlbybay, if you don't already follow her blog- you should, it's delightful).

And pardon my corny commentary on each shot, I just can't help but describe how I picture myself in the situation or why I love it in the first place.

This loveseat makes me want to sit cross-legged with a cup of cocoa, a chenille throw and a good book in the middle of winter....
LINK
How relaxed does this bedroom look? I could take a summertime nap here any day.
LINK
I already have plans to steal this scarf storage idea: a strip of funky wallpaper with hooks for accessories- done and done!
LINK
I'm going to make a painting like that. Seriously, so moody (and it'll be fun to squish the colors around to create that mottled appearance).
LINK
Floor cushions in fun prints for when there's too many tushies for the sofa! Not to mention easily updatable for when you get sick of your previous pattern choices.
LINK
I can't even believe it's the same room- who would want to block that view!?
LINK
The inspiration for my bedroom. My color ended up a little more charcoal and a little less green (I was trying to avoid a pukey sage at all costs), but I'm loving the dark room- so comfy and looks great with my lime green comforter. Now on to find the perfect white (not beige! why can I only find off-white!?) curtains...
LINK


No comments:

Post a Comment