Saturday, May 15, 2010

Birthday Buddies

That's right, it's my birthday. My favorite day of the whole year. In the past my birthdays have been pretty hit or miss. It almost always falls on fishing opener so kids often missed my party as a child. In college I spent an entire birthday alone in my dorm room, as it was the day after everyone else moved out and I was staying for May-term and had no car (and lets be honest, no friends left up there).

But since then I've had some whoppers. My 21st birthday was the first day of studying in Hawaii (helllooooo fun times). My 23rd birthday was when I was with Katie visiting her brother in Germany. We had just gotten back from an Austrian spa and her brother's bday was the next day so he had a shindig at his house. Not too shabby.

Best of all, I found out that I have a birthday buddy on the Twins! Yes, that's right, first baseman Justin Morneau was also born on this glorious day. So here's to the Twins kicking the Yankee's butts tonight in honor of the big day.

Picture via Sports Illustrated

No comments:

Post a Comment