Thursday, May 13, 2010

Travel Inspiration : Hawaii : Flora

You really can't talk about Hawaii without mentioning the glorious flowers that cover the landscape.

Bird of Paradise, one of the many pictures taken before dawn on our first morning there (aka my birthday!!). Jet lag was definitely our best friend, as we went to bed just past midnight and were wide awake by 4:30 in the morning. Energized by our new surroundings we went on a long walk through the neighborhood in Kaneohe. We learned a valuable lesson that morning: it rains, everyday, in the morning. Needless to say, we were a little damp upon return.

I have no idea what this is called, it was in someone's front garden bed, Kaneohe.

Pine trees? In Hawaii? I had to snap a pic as we whizzed past on the Kamehameha highway.

Hibiscus! I love that you can see a star in the middle of this one. This was along the road in Pahala, just down from the Paniolo cabin.

Bamboo in the heart of the rainforest near Akaka Falls on the Big Island. I immediately bought a bamboo upon return and it sits by my desk to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment